Lesser-Known Facts About the Month of April
April 9, 2021
While April is often associated with rainy weather, warming temperatures, and the first full month of spring, there’s more to this month than some may think. Here are a few facts about April that may surprise you! Commit them to memory, then impress your friends!
- The birthstone of April is the diamond. Those born during the month of April have the daisy or the sweet pea as their birth flower.
- April has two zodiac signs: Aries (through April 19) and Taurus (April 20 and thereafter).
- The name “April” has roots in the Latin word “aperio,” which means “to open.” The word is a nod to the plants and flowers that begin to bud and bloom during the month of April.
- In the Southern Hemisphere, April is harvest time. In the Northern Hemisphere, April is known as planting time.
- Famous people born in April include William Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci, Charlie Chaplin, Al Pacino, and Jessica Alba.